Friday, February 22, 2008

Wroughton Hammer Attack - Verdict 1

They've reached a verdict - but it's a secret.

They're waiting for the trial of the next batch of defendants before releasing the verdict of the first batch.

The defendants are blaming each other.

Who do you think did it ?

"Then I saw the attacker running past me. And he hid his face from me. He had a black hoodie on. He put his hood up and was hiding his face from me. As I glanced at him I saw him hide the hammer in his jacket. At that point I noticed his top. It had a distinctive 'and' sign on it. The symbol was big and took up most of the back of the jacket."

Wasif Khan, 18, of Caversham Close, Amjad Qazi, 19, of Broad Street, a 15-year-old and a 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, have all denied wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.

The jury at Bristol Crown Court has heard that when police arrested Wasif Khan in Broad Street, less than half an hour after the attack, he was carrying a plastic bag, containing a black Dolce and Gabbana jacket with a white ampersand logo covering the back.


Dolce and Gabbana ? Just another case of poverty causing crime.