Sunday, February 06, 2005

Stormin Norm ?

They say that when the police arrest a respectable member of society for some dreadful crime, his friends and acquaintances suddenly remember (and tell the police) all kinds of bad things about him.

"I always thought he was a bit strange"

"Remember when he .. ?"

But I still can't quite equate Norman Geras, cricket and country music lover, whose cogent and frequent condemnations of the kind of kneejerk anti-US leftism that calls Zarqawi and his head-choppers 'the resistance' are always made more in sorrow than in anger, with the "Stormin Norm" I read of in today's Sunday Times, 'toast of the neocons' and 'darling of the Washington right wing '.


On the other hand, when I think about it, I'm sure he posted about attending an Emmylou Harris gig with Richard Perle and Charles Krauthammer. And his love of country music must be suspect - the songs of the racist white oppressor. Look at that Merle Haggard's lyrics. I always thought that was odd. Remember when he sent out requests for the top 10 rock music singles ? I've deleted the email, but I'm pretty sure it ended with the words 'Bomb Iran Now !'

Turncoat ! Imperialist skunk !

1 comment:

Jessica Zara said...

Great blog! and also like your blog name that is UK Commentators. One thing is common that your blog and your all post related to the UK. I want to share some info about Spouse visa for your audience. If you found any mistake then guide me. You are an overseas citizen and are married to a UK citizen or a person with an established status (ILR) or refugee or humanitarian protection leave in the UK, Spouse visa UK is compulsory. You must apply for admission to the issue (overseas) or leave to stay in the country. Please thank your