Monday, August 25, 2003

Discipline in British Education

I can't work out if this response by a teacher to a student with a samurai sword is pathetic or noble ... or both.

Describing the brutal gang battle, which happened on 19 November last year, Ms Brown told the jury: "Three or four Afro- Caribbean youths were being chased. They were absolutely fearful and tired and panting. Not one was carrying a weapon.

"The Asians I recognised - I had seen them a number of times around the campus. I saw one was hitting a youth with a wooden cosh. Another was in the vicinity, egging him on with shouts. He was the leader of the group, but without delivering the hits.

"I saw Amar Kayani waving a samurai sword. He was screaming obscenities as he came towards me.

"I said to him 'That's it Kayani, you're excluded.'


No comments: